Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Penalty Play (Game On in Seattle #9) by Jami Davenport Review

Penalty PlayPenalty Play by Jami Davenport
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jami Davenport is on a winning streak with PENALTY PLAY the ninth book in the Game On in Seattle series. NHL defenseman/single dad Matt LaRue is conservative as it gets, but he can’t fight his attraction to tattooed covered Violet Strider. Meanwhile, Vi is worried her past could hurt them. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

I enjoyed PENALTY PLAY. The story was thought-provoking and clever. Matt and Vi are a classic example of opposites attract, although fundamentally they have similarities. They are both good people that put their loved ones ahead of themselves. Both characters had a lot of depth and grew through the novel. They learned from one another becoming more well-rounded.

My heart went out to Vi and what happened to her in her past. I like that she became a better person for it, instead of a becoming bitter. Matt’s ex-wife is a piece of work, especially where their kids are concerned. I’m glad they found Vi. I like that she was uncomfortable around the kids at the beginning. It was realistic considering her background.

The story was well-written and fits in nicely with the rest of the series. As an animal lover, I appreciated how the story ended. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

ebook, 191 pages
Expected publication: November 30th 2017 by Cedrona Enterprises
ASIN: B0759TLYZF
Edition Language: English
URL: Http://www.jamidavenport.com/penalty-play
Series: Game On in Seattle #9

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...