Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, February 19, 2018

Cross Stroke (On the Edge #1) by Elizabeth Hartey Review

Cross Stroke (On the Edge, #1)Cross Stroke by Elizabeth Hartey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Hartey lights the lamp with CROSS STROKE, the first book in the On the Edge series. Due to past relationships neither champion figure skater Tracey Hayward nor hockey captain, Dakota (Dak) Andersen is interested in dating anyone. However, the two keep crossing paths and end up needing to work together on and off the ice. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult audiences.

I adored this book. Elizabeth Hartey does an amazing job with her character development. Tracey and Dak are likable and complex individuals. They have similarities that make them relate. They both had tragedies occur in previous relationships that cause them to shy away from wanting to date anyone. They both love marine life. Which I appreciate because I often wish I majored in marine biology. They grow tremendously throughout the story.

The plot was realistic and skillfully written. There are many heartwarming and compelling scenes throughout this novel. It made me experience many emotions. I was interested in the story from beginning to end. I’m looking forward to continuing reading this series and future books by Elizabeth Hartey. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 274 pages
Published January 16th 2018 by Limitless Publishing LLC
ASIN: B078T4JR2M
Edition Language: English
Series: On the Edge #1

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...